Operations & Supply Chain Management major
The UIndy supply chain management major was one of the first developed in Indiana. The coursework is designed to closely match the standards of several industry professional organizations and provides cutting-edge business strategies that integrate internal and external logistics in many fields. Because of the program's rigorous inclusion of quantitative methods and international business at its core, students in UIndy's program have enjoyed high employment rates upon graduation.
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Near 100% graduate placement rate in jobs in the field
- Highly qualified faculty with real-world experience at the director levels
- Challenging yet supportive atmosphere
- Tools and experiences that provide potential for multiple business career paths
- Established connections with multiple industry professional organizations
“UIndy provides a unique opportunity for a student to build an actual relationship with the professors, which makes learning easier and more exciting. When you're able to get advice from your professors, whether it's about school or life, it really adds to the experience and allows you to be more comfortable.”
Operations & Supply Chain Management students and grads have interned or work for:
- Monarch Beverage
- MD Logistics
- Magnum Logistics
- Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana
Potential careers in Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Purchasing: buyer to chief procurement officer
- Operations: operations supervisor to chief operating officer (COO)
- Logistics: logistics analyst to chief logistics officer
- Project Management: project assistant to senior program manager
- Quality: quality analyst to vice president of quality assurance
- Quantitative Solutions: business analyst to senior operations research associate
Student opportunities in Operations & Supply Chain Management
A UIndy student team placed fifth among 25 collegiate teams in the APICS Great Lakes District 2015 Student Case Competition in Chicago, topping such competitors as the University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin, Ball State University and Purdue’s Krannert School of Management. APICS is the leading professional association for the supply chain and operations management industry.
Another UIndy team of freshmen and sophomores recently won the Celadon Case Study Competition, organized each year by Celadon Trucking to give students an opportunity to network with upper management and explore internship and full-time employment opportunities with the company.
Operations & Supply Chain Management might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving puzzles and complex problems
- You enjoy communicating and collaborating with people of various backgrounds
- You love a challenge and the feeling that comes with providing solutions
- You have a logical, yet creative mindset
- You want to have various business career options upon graduation
- You have an interest in traveling to different countries or working with people all over the world
These curriculum guides outline the classes you'll need to take as a Operations & Supply Chain major. The general education curriculum guide lists your class options and requirements to fulfill UIndy's general education requirements, while the Operations & Supply Chain curriculum guide lists the classes needed to major in Operations & Supply Chain. You'll need to look at both guides to get a complete picture of what classes you'll take at UIndy.