Engineering Admission Requirements & Scholarships
Engineering admission requirements
To be directly admitted to the software engineering program, students must meet the following requirements:
- High school GPA of at least 3.0
- SAT scores of at least 570 in Math and 540 in Reading + Writing (1110 combined score) OR
- ACT scores of 24 in Math and 20 in English
- Core 40 Diploma (if an Indiana high school graduate)
- 4 years of math, including pre-calculus, plus chemistry
If you are not directly admitted to the engineering program, you may enter pre-engineering and must meet the following requirements:
- Pass Chem 150
- Pass Calc 1
- Achieve a C in all courses required for the engineering major and a C+ average overall
Students who achieve this in the first year may then be admitted into the engineering program.
Scholarships of up to $15,000 annually (non-stackable) are available to new, freshmen, full-time Software and Industrial & Systems Engineering majors. The award is based on a combination of academic merit and standardized test scores. Students must submit an application by January 1, and top finalists will be invited to an on-campus competition.
*Pending final approval from the Higher Learning Commission.