Social Media Ambassadors
UIndy’ social Media Ambassador Program, overseen by the Office of the President and the Office of Marketing and Communications, is a unique and fun volunteer opportunity for students to gain professional social media experience. Ambassadors will work as a team to create and curate fun, engaging content for the UIndy’s social media accounts.
Social Media Ambassadors are connected, involved current students who are leaders in our community, convey a wealth of accurate knowledge about UIndy, span a wide variety of academic focuses and cocurricular interests, and are passionate about social media.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Must be a full time student at UIndy
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Ability to effectively communicate your UIndy pride to others
- Professional work habits (dependable, reliable, team player, willingness to learn)
- Willingness to perform social media ambassador duties for fall and winter semesters
- Willingness to maintain professional standards of language and behavior in all posts as outlined in UIndy ‘s social media ambassador handbook
- Commit to serve a one-year term, with the option to renew.
- Maintain a personal presence on a variety of social media platforms
- Attend once a month meetings
- Work closely with professional staff of writers, photographers, graphic designers and web developers to research, plan, implement and evaluate social media campaigns
- Brainstorm and create social media content for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest
- Résumé building experience that can be shared with potential employers
- Opportunity to work closely with President Robert Manuel
- Increase connection and exposure to the University of Indianapolis
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training
- Special access to cover a variety of campus events, such as VIP passes to athletic games, “tweet seats” at performances and press passes to cover campus visits by famous speakers
- Special access to professional development opportunities, including networking events and tips from some of UIndy’s communication experts.
- Prizes and recognition