iLEAD Admission Requirements
The iLEAD program seeks candidates who demonstrate excellence in teaching and are highly recommended by active principals, superintendents and colleagues for their leadership skills and potential for managing school transformation and fostering community engagement. Candidates must demonstrate through the application process that they are willing to serve as a school leader in diverse school settings and are dedicated to raising student academic achievement.
Admission is based on the following criteria:
- UIndy graduate admission online application
- A bachelor's degree in education and an instructional teaching license from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
- Official transcripts (undergraduate and/or graduate) with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Three letters of recommendation from current and/or past principals/supervisors
- Current resume
- A recent copy of your teaching license
- Agreement from your school corporation to support required field experiences
- Typed personal statement summarizing your career goals and purpose for applying to the program
- Interview with UIndy iLEAD faculty
Unless otherwise noted, send all information to:
University of Indianapolis
Educational Leadership Program (iLEAD)
Esch Hall 103
1400 E. Hanna Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46227
Questions? Call 317-788-2394 or email Whitnie Shay.